Parenting Made Easy

kid-bathtime Lord knows parenting isn’t easy, especially with multiples. If you’re like me, you feel like you’re losing your mind 87.6% of the time and the other 12.4% you’re trying to sleep. Well, here are a few ideas to make your life, and parenting, just a little easier.

Every child wants unlimited access to Mommy and Daddy’s brand new phone. When you upgrade, save your old cell phones for them to play with. Keep the battery charged and certain apps downloaded and they will think it is just as real as yours.

If your child has bad handwriting, have them spend more time on the monkey bars. Children need upper body strength and muscle control in order to develop their fine motor skills. Furthermore, if your child is having a difficult time learning how to hold a pencil, use a wad of tissue to help them get the feel of it.

If your busy bee has a hard time focusing during his/her homework, have them sit on a medicine ball. This will increase their ability to concentrate on the task at hand.

medicine-ball-kids

Put sprinkles on everything. Child hates yogurt? They’ll love it with sprinkles. Refuses to touch their pancakes? Add sprinkle-cookiessome sprinkles to the batter. Food coloring also works wonders.

Trace your child’s feet on a piece of paper to go shoe shopping so you don’t have to drag your sweetie pies along. I don’t know about you, but in my family one of us usually leaves the shoe store in tears and feeling completely defeated… Oh, yeah, that’s me!

Have your children help out with your million and one chores by turning them into a fun game (I wish I had thought of this one a long time ago)!

 

kid-cleaning

Use a cute hair clip to fix your baby girl’s oh-so-adorable but oh-so-saggy tank top. I have even used hair ties and bobby pins before as well.

hair-tie-clothing-clip

A lot of infants tend to have allergy issues in those first few months/years of life, especially preemies (as 2/3 of mine were). Infant Vick’s VapoRub is great, but it tends to be too much for their little bodies to handle. Rub it on the bottoms of their feet at night and put socks over their little tiggies. It works wonders.

If your little love bug is scared of monsters under their bed, what better way to ease their mind than by spraying monster spray? Use water, a little bit of food coloring and some glitter, mix it in a spray bottle and your potion is complete (you can use sugar or anything else in your spray, be creative). Keep it next to their bed so they can use it whenever they get scared.

 

Avoid slammed and locked doors by repurposing a pool noodle.pool-noodle-slammed-doors

 

Freeze a pacifier in an ice cube tray with juice, milk, or formula. This will help soothe your baby’s gums while they are teething.

Does your baby need you there to fall asleep like mine? Fill a glove with pearled barley or beans, give a few soft taps and slip away.

faucet-extenderTurn an old lotion bottle into a faucet extender.

Transform a DVD case into a traveling art kit. Also, you can use a shoe caddy to store games and snacks on long road trips.coloring-case———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Do you want to contribute to Mommy Hot Spot? Share your tips, tricks, recipes and advice with our community of 100,000+ Moms today. Please review our submission guidelines and contribute a blog now.

Comments

  1. Victoria says:

    Medicine ball for homework, huh? We will have to try that when school is back in!

  2. pauletta swanson says:

    i really like the noodle door-stopper idea

Speak Your Mind

*

Partner Links

Switch to our mobile site